So, I’ve decided to go ahead and make myself a patreon. I’ve had a few people telling me how I should do it for a while now… so I figured, what the heck? Even if I only make a dollar a month… that’s a dollar that I didn’t have before! Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about doing this just yet… but I knew if I didn’t go ahead and DO it, I wouldn’t be able to figure out how I felt about it. I think that all writers deserve to make a living doing what they love, honestly. If I get enough money off of this, I’ll be putting it into helping other people do the same.
I will copy/paste the content that I am using here, and then I’ll probably do a follow-up blog tomorrow of how I feel about having launched it! So… enjoy below the content of my Patreon! (CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE ACTUAL SITE!)
Hey there, my name is Amanda! I’ve been writing for well over a decade – it seems like I’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember.
It is what I do. It’s what I am passionate about. I want, more than anything in this world to tell you a story that will burn into your mind and keep you on the edge of your seat. If I can bring you a moment of joy, then I’ve done my job. This Patreon page was created so that I could continue to do just that!
Four years ago, I left my home and everything that I owned in Kentucky and moved to California – things here have been fantastic. When I moved here, I started a commission business, and I’ve been running that steadily… but I want more now. I want to create my own content. I want to share my dreams made tangible by way of story with the world! You can help me do that – you can help me live my dream.
Any amount of monthly donation that you make will grant you access to my monthly content. I promise to upload the following:
- One Chapter from the two novels that I have a current copywrite on and am in the process of editing for publication! (Either a Fantasy called Cerulean Darkness or a Zombie Apocalypse novel entitled Limbo.)
- At least One short story of my own creation (and your suggestion!)
- I will also put up at least one blog post per week on my blog, located Here. These blogs posts give writing advice, writing tips, writing tricks, writing prompts, and just general discussion. I also include creative writing here, so it’s double your rewards, double your fun!
- When goals are met, I will also post one vlog a week, either reading some of my creative writing content or talking about writing tips, tricks, and strategy.
Your support honestly means the world to me – you are making it possible for me to continue doing what I love, what I dream of, and what I truly feel I was put on this earth to do. I’m here to bring you joy, laughter, sadness, tears, emotion. Will you help me do that for the world?
I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! I guess that I will get to getting, and this should be fun!
Rules For Liebster Award
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same.
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am 25 years old.
- I moved across the country to live with a man that I’d only known via the internet for a few months.
- I married that same man two years later and I couldn’t imagine my life without him.
- I have 13 tattoos and want many more.
- I love reading.
- I have over 9 finished novels, and I haven’t edited any of them.
- One of my ambitions in life is to open up an animal shelter.
- I have insomnia.
- I have two dogs – a mini Australian shepherd and a dachshund/bordercollie mix. I love them both to pieces.
- I am nauseated by the sound of people scraping forks against plates.
- I believe in ghosts.
Questions & Answers:
- What makes you happy? – Reading, writing, spending time with my puppies, making people happy and hanging out with my husband.
- Why did you start a blog? – I think that it’s extremely important to have a voice in the social media before you try to publish, and I’ve met some amazing people while I’ve been here.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation & why? – I got to go to Disney for my honeymoon, and I can’t wait to go back.
- Who inspires you? – Everyone who manages to make it through the day with a smile on their face. Life is hard – people who live it to the fullest are amazing to me. Also, Markiplier xD
- What is your dream job? – Being a published author. I would love that so much – I’ve wanted that more than anything since I was in the 6th grade.
- What toppings do you like on your pizza? – Pepperoni and bacon, with mushrooms and olives.
- What is a cause (like cancer research or equal rights, that sort of thing) that you feel strongly about? – Animal rights. I’m huge on giving a voice to the animals who have no ability to do so for themselves.
- What are three of your favorite hobbies? – Reading, writing and gaming.
- If you could do one big thing for a homeless person, what would you do? – Give them a home. Show them that not everyone looks down on them. We’re all people.
- What’s your favorite holiday? – Halloween!
- Do you prefer comedies or thrillers? – I hate comedies. I usually find them pretty childish. >_> Honestly, I prefer horror.
I will make a separate blog for the people who I am tagging once I have gone through my list to do the aforementioned tags!
1. What inspires you to blog?
2. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. What was your dream job as a child?
5. What is one thing in your life you wish you could change?
6. What’s your favorite restaurant?
7. What is your favorite quote?
8. Why do you REALLY think the chicken crossed the road?
9. Do you find connections made over the internet as meaningful as the ones made in real life?
10. If you could do one thing to change the world, what would it be?
11. The world is going to explode in exactly 24 hours. What would you do with the last day of your life?
Questions for nominated bloggers: