I was tagged by Sidereal Day in the Confessions of a Writer tag started by Nicolette! It’s always fun to get pulled into a tag, so I can’t wait to see what the people that I tag think!
The Confessions of a Writer Tag was created by Nicolette at A Little Bookish, A Little Writerly. It is a ‘get-to-know’ the writer interview tag, dedicated to spotlighting the creative process, works in progress, and connecting to other writers.
Rules of the Tag:
- Please link back to A Little Bookish, A Little Writerly’s post, so that the original rules are always accessible to anyone who is curious and wants to participate!
- Acknowledge the person who tagged you in your post.
- Tag your friends and fellow writers – it’s up to you how many!
- When did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?
I started writing in sixth grade. I did a paper and realized how fun it was… and then immediately penned my first novel into two composition notebooks. As soon as I realized how passionate I was about writing, I knew that was what I wanted to be.
- What genre do you write?
It depends, really. I have written fantasy and paranormal/paranormal romance the most.
- Can you tell us a little about your current work in progress? When did you start working on this project?
I guess that my current work in progress are my two NaNo projects? I have one novel called Angel Blade, which is about a young man who finds out that his half demon lineage is all that stands between the world and the apocalypse. The other (ambitious, aren’t I?) is called RipTide, and it’s about a genetically altering drug… and mermaids.
- What was your first piece that you can remember writing? What was it about?
A story for sixth grade called “Things That Go Moo In The Night.” True facts.
- What’s the best part about writing?
The sense of accomplishment that you feel when you finish. Either that, or the sense of peace that it brings me when I get so sucked into my created world that for a moment I forget about my own.
- What’s the worst part about writing?
Editing. … editing, editing, editing.
- What’s the name of your favorite character and why? (This can be from a book by another author or from your own work. Book crushes are perfectly acceptable here as well.)
Julian from the L.J. Smith series. He’s one of the first characters that I ever fell in love with. I told myself that I wanted to write a character who could make someone else feel that way.
- How much time a day/week do you get to write? When is the best time for you to write (morning or night)?
Lately, I’ve been doing daily writing prompts on my blog. I usually get to write at least once a day, though writing at night when everyone else is asleep is the best for me. It’s the hush of the fan and the stars watching.
- Did you go to college for writing? Or if you haven’t been to college yet, do you plan to?
I took some creative writing classes in college. It’s what I was going to college for (partially) until I moved from California to Kentucky.
- What bothers you more: spelling errors, punctuation errors, or grammar errors?
It’s a mixture of them all, if used in tandem. I think if it’s commas or something like that, they bother me the least. Probably mixing up then and than – their, they’re, there, etc.
- What is the best writing advice that anyone has given you?
Don’t write passive. Write like you mean it.
- What advice would you give to another writer?
Keep writing. Even when it’s hard. Even when you want to give up. Even when you feel like you can’t do it anymore. Keep going, because you’re going to make something amazing.
- What are your favorite writing sites or blogs that you turn to for help, tips or encouragement?
The NaNoWriMo forums, and just wordpress, actually. Stephen King did an awesome On Writing novel. Katytastic from youtube.
- Besides writing, what else do you enjoy doing? What are your hobbies?
I play a lot of video games. MMOs, Bioshock type stuff, Borderlands… Zelda… anything really. I do tabletops, I read a lot. I love my animals ❤
- What is the best book you’ve read this year?
Really, just one? Hmmm…. probably the Splintered series. I really enjoyed that.
- What is the best movie you’ve seen this year?
Boy Meets Girl
- What is your favorite book or series of all time?
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith xD
- Who is your favorite author?
>_> L.J. Smith
- What are your plans for the rest of the year in terms of your writing?
I want to finish my two novels during NaNo, then finish my other mostly finished novel Limbo… and then pick one to edit and try to query.
- Where else can we find you online?
You can find me on Twitter @EgoDominusTuus and on Patreon under the name AmandaMcCormick
And now for the people I’m tagging… I mostly follow book review blogs, so I really don’t have that many people to tag:
Gau, Fallon, Tricia and Neppy… and everyone else in my writing room!
If I didn’t tag you and you want to participate, leave your link in the comments, please!
2 thoughts on “Confessions of a Writer Tag!”
Thanks for participating! I enjoyed reading your answers.
Good luck finishing up your NaNo novels.
Im totally going to do this & just claim you tagged me 😉